Last updated: June 23, 2021
If your probation department or other applicable authority (the “Agency”) has authorized it, you may use the CSS Mobile application (the “Service”) as a convenience for your caseload duties within the Agency. The Service will transmit to the Agency information you view and edit via the Service. If you are not authorized by the Agency to use the Service, you may not use the CSS Mobile application.
Your use of the Service constitutes consent to our use of Your Personal Data in the ways identified in this Policy.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have the meanings defined below. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named CSS Mobile.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any Personally identifiable Information or other information that relates to an identiﬁed or identiﬁable individual.
- Service refers to the CSS Mobile Application or the Website or both.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to CSS Mobile, accessible from https://www.mobile.csscustomer.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, we ask You to provide us with certain personally identiﬁable information that can be used to contact or identify You for supervision purposes only. Personally Identiﬁable Information (“PII”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Supervision PID number
- Email address
- Usage Data – Information you provide to be reported by the Service to third parties such as the applicable probation department or other authorities.
We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Privacy notices for all payment data is found on this notice link here.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identiﬁers, and other diagnostic and usage data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identiﬁers, and other diagnostic data.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using the Service (i.e., the CSS Mobile application), in order to provide features of Service, we may collect:
- Mobile Device Access: We request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, storage, and other features.
We use this information to provide features of the Service, which is utilized in the supervision of your conditions of probation by the applicable probation department or other applicable authorities. The information may be uploaded to the company’s servers and/or a service provider’s server; it may also and usually will be provided to the applicable probation department or other applicable authorities.
By using the Service, You consent to our collection and use of such data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic ﬁles known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go oﬄine, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary/Essential Cookies: Session Cookies Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided. We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes, among others:
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to us.
- To analyze and improve the Service.
- To provide information to the applicable probation or other supervisory authority.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By using the Service, You indicate that You understand and accept the risk that Your Personal Data may not be entirely secure; and agree that You will not hold us responsible for unintentional disclosure of Your Personal Data provided we have taken commercially reasonable steps to keep it secure.
By using the Service, You agree and consent to our collection and use of Your Personal Data as described in this Policy, including but not limited to the transmission and disclosure of that Personal Data to the relevant probation or other authority.
Our Service is not made available to and does not address anyone under the age of 17. We do not knowingly collect personally identiﬁable information from anyone under the age of 17. It is Your responsibility to ensure the Service is not accessed or used by anyone under the age of 17. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child or any other person under the age of 17 has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us immediately. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 17 without veriﬁcation of parental consent, we will take appropriate steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. We are not responsible for the use or handling of any of Your Personal Data or other information You may provide to such third parties or that they may capture when You are visiting their sites, nor any Cookies or other tracking implementation they may install on Your device.
By using the Service, You agree to disclosure of Your Personal Data to those third parties whose services we utilize to provide You the Service, as well as to the applicable Agency. You further agree that we are not responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of Your Personal Data when it is in the hands of such third parties, and that Your rights concerning Your Personal Data in their possession are subject to the third party’s privacy and use policies.